Job Vacancy: Master Baker
from now on, full-time or part-time
19grams is a specialty coffee brand from Berlin founded in 2002. We are committed to providing top-quality coffee from around the world and living and breathing coffee in all its forms. With our 19grams cafes, coffee trading for businesses, and online sales of specialty coffee, we have a broad reach. We are a young, international team with employees from over 20 countries, and we are passionately dedicated to growing and expanding our brand. Damn good coffee requires damn good cake, and that's where you come in!
If you love your craft, are a team player, and want to work in our bakery in the heart of Berlin making our baked goods, then join our team at our bakery in Friedrichshain! You will work with high-quality organic ingredients, not only making our guests happy with your delicious creations but also playing a vital role in ensuring that all bakery operations run smoothly.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Monitor daily bakery operations
- Achieve staffing goals in the kitchen by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Ensure product knowledge and market/competition information is conveyed through ongoing on-site training
- Order supplies and materials as needed from designated suppliers and maintain inventory control policies: Ensure food rotates on a "first-in-first-out" basis and check to see that all food is labeled with the correct dates and organized for quality assurance. Determine how much food needs to be ordered and ensure an adequate supply.
- Ensure safe storage of supplies, goods, and equipment and maintain accurate inventory records and follow control procedures.
- Resolve customer problems as needed
- Ensure bakery is in a clean, safe, and hygienic condition, identify hazards and issues, and seek solutions
- Budget planning: Proactively monitor revenue, profit margins, and expenses and take appropriate action in a timely manner when negative variances from the budget occur.
- Assist shop manager in making changes and adjustments to the menu according to seasonal offerings
- Coordinate with the café team regarding ordering, budget, kitchen efficiency, and personnel scheduling to develop new specialties that attract guests to the café
- Take directions and work with the café team
Assist with personnel management
- Effective and efficient personnel management
- Train new employees
- Take responsibility for staff scheduling and ensuring compliance with labor budget and revenue-to-staff ratios.
- Organize and conduct on-the-job training and orientation for employees in the department, ensuring that employees have the necessary skills to perform their work safely and accurately while maintaining high standards of customer service and exceptional performance.
- Encourage employees to work safely and be mindful of the safety of other employees and customers Attend team meetings as needed, contributing to the development and growth of the company through exchanges and your experiences
- Foster a culture of flexibility
- Build positive and direct relationships with all colleagues and monitor the effectiveness of individual progress within the team
- Master's certificate as a baker
- Valid red card
- Excellent baking skills
- Fluent in German and English is a plus
- Organizational skills
- You are stress-resistant and able to make quick decisions and solve problems quickly in food production
- Listening, verbal communication, people skills, customer orientation, customer service, knowledge of basic safety measures, hands-on mentality, organized, future-oriented, strategic thinking.
ENTHUSIASM: for top-quality coffee and food.
SKILLS: organizational talent, timing - you can organize yourself, prioritize tasks, and work very independently.
PERSONALITY: enthusiastic, open, structured, and reliable.
TEAM PLAYER: with the ability to work independently, think critically, and lead employees.
- What we offer:
A workplace in the heart of Berlin
- unlimited access to the best coffee in Berlin
- a responsible role in an ambitious and international team
- comprehensive onboarding
- flat hierarchies with plenty of room for initiative and development opportunities
- flexible working hours
- an international team in a family atmosphere.
Then apply with your complete documents, resume, and cover letter to us. Kendall Colemann is looking forward to your application.
Tauche tiefer in die Welt des Specialty Coffee ein
BLOODY GOOD BLOG
Partner in Origin