We love cold brew. Want to know how you can make yourself a thirst-quenching batch at home without any fancy equipment? Joel, our head of training, spills the beans on his simple recipe that gives a fruity and refreshing cold brew. We recommend using fruity filter roasts from origins like Ethiopia or Kenya.
- Coffee dose - 70g
- Gring - Medium/Fine (lean finer)
- Water - 700g
- Brew time - 12-24 hours
- Temperature - 15°C
What you'll need
1. Grind 70g of your filter coffee at a medium to fine setting.
2. Fill 700g of cold, filtered water into an empty bottle.
3. Add the ground coffee to the bottle, using a funnel if you need it.
4. Shake the bottle hard, so that the coffee is extracted evenly. DOn't forget the lid
5. Put the bottle into the fridge for 12-24 hours.
6. Carefully remove the cold brew from the fridge, taking care not to disturb the coffee grounds that have settled at the bottom.
7. Filter the cold brew carefully through a kitchen sieve. A V60 or Chemex filter is no good here, as they just choke up.
8. Done! You can dilute the cold brew with 80-110ml water, if you prefer something less punchy.
9. Joel's secret ingredient is a dash of apple cider vinegar for a really zippy freshness.
10. Give it all a good mix and serve in a cold glass.