Head Chef (m/f/d)
19grams is a specialty coffee brand from Berlin that was founded in 2002. We are dedicated to international premium coffees and live coffee in all its facets. With our 19grams cafés, the trade of coffee for companies and the online sale of specialty coffee, we are broadly positioned. We are a young, international team, with employees from over 20 countries, and we are passionate about making our brand bigger and more successful.
Als Leiter:in unserer Café-Küchen beaufsichtigst du die Küche des Restaurants, indem du andere Mitglieder des Küchenteams anleitest, entscheidest, welche Gerichte serviert werden, und die Bestellungen an die Wünsche der Gäste anpasst. Du wählst Zutaten aus und entwirfst eine saisonale Speisekarte. Du kreierst regelmäßig wechselnde Gerichte, die die Gäste dazu animieren, immer wieder zu kommen, um zu sehen, was es Neues im Restaurant gibt. Du arbeitest eng mit den einzelnen Shop Managern und Baristas zusammen. Du reportest unserer Operationsmanagerin Marianne.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the kitchen
- Accomplishes kitchen human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- To assist in growing the food operations through the implementation of approved operational plans, menu testing, menu design and training.
- Ensure product knowledge and market/competition intelligence is given as on going on site training
- Manage stock-takes and review results and variances with relevant departments
- Where possible, developing an innovative and evolving approach to service, whilst focusing on attention to detail, for instance in terms of presentation of food control; portion control; speed of service; and menu compliance
- Ensure the secure and safe keeping of stock, goods and equipment, ensuring that stock is accounted for and that control procedures are complied with
- Order stock and ancillary goods as required from nominated suppliers, ensuring compliance with any stocking policies
- Ensures a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated and organized for quality assurance
- Resolve customer issues as required
- Ensure that a high level of cleanliness is maintained in the main venue and associated areas, including cellars and back office, supported by a cleaning schedule and adherence to best practice
- Ensure that the kitchen is maintained in a clean, safe and hygienic order, identifying hazards and problems and seeking solutions
- Proactively monitor sales, margins and expenses, and in identifying negative variance against budget, taking appropriate and timely remedial action
- Assist the Restaurant Manager with menu changes and adjustments based on seasonal availability Coordinates with restaurant management team on supply ordering, budget, and kitchen efficiency and staffing
- Experiments to come up with new specialties that will draw diners into the restaurant
- Determines how much food to order and maintains an appropriate supply at the restaurant
- Takes direction and works with the restaurant's administrative team
Effective and efficient management of the staff working within the department
To ensure the entire kitchen team are aware of their responsibilities in respect of health and safety in the workplace and have the minimum qualifications and training to work in a kitchen environment
Provides guidance to junior kitchen staff members, including, but not limited, to line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating
Take full responsibility for the rostering of staff, ensuring staff wage budgets and sales to labour ratios are maintained.
Organise and deliver the induction and training of staff within the department, ensuring that staffs have the skills to undertake their work safely and accurately, whilst delivering high standards customer care and exceptional standards
Ensuring staff are punctual, in correct uniform, and complying with the general guidelines outlined by the management
Invoke the disciplinary procedure as necessary, in liaison with the Operations Manager
Encourage employees to work safely and lookout for the safety fellow workers and customers
To attend team meetings as required and contribute to the development and growth of the business through the sharing of good practice and your own experiences
To ensure that the kitchen team comply with the policy on personal hygiene and uniform
To foster a culture of flexibility
Develop a positive and direct relationship with all colleagues
Monitor effectiveness of individual’s progress within the team
- Ausgezeichnete Kochfähigkeiten
- Du sprichst fließend Deutsch und English
- Excellent cooking skills
- leadership and management
- organizational, ability to work under pressure and make quick decisions
- ability to stay calm, and overcome food productions problems
- Listening, Verbal Communication
- Customer Focus, Customer Service
- Basic Safety
- People Skills
- Action Oriented
- Organization, forward planning and strategy
- administrative and financial
- conflict resolution
- interpersonal and relationship building, delegation, prioritization, leadership.
COMMITMENT: For top quality in coffee and food.
SKILLS: Organisational skills, timing - you can organise yourself, prioritise tasks and work very independently.
PERSONALITY: Enthusiastic, open, structured and reliable.
TEAM PLAYER: With the ability to work independently, think and lead employees.
What we offer:
- a workplace in the heart of Berlin
- unlimited access to the best coffee in Berlin
- A responsible role in an ambitious and international team
Flat hierarchies with plenty of room for personal initiative and development opportunities
Then send us your application with a short letter. Marianne Ryan is looking forward to receiving your application.Tres Cabezas BERLINKAFFEE GmbH, Boxhagener Straße 74, 10245 Berlin. www.19grams.coffee, email@example.com