Santa Juana COE #11 - El Salvador Filter
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
The Bernardina variety was discovered in 2013 as a mutation on the farm Los Bellotos in El Salvador. The farm belongs to Pacas Café, and is run by Maria Pacas.
According to DNA analysis, the variety is 70% similar to geisha varieties, the remaining 30% was not available in any coffee database until now. The most similar variety is one from Agaro, Ethiopia.
The variety comes with an even more intense flavour profile than Geisha coffee: floral aroma of jasmine and orange blossom, with tropical notes of mango and the sweetness of wild honey.
Maria Pacas named the variety after farm mamager Roberto Bernadine Merche, who found the first 5 trees on Bellotos, and has always stressed that these trees are special.
The coffee was first processed separately in 2013 as a lot of 18kg and roasted by Proud Marias in Melbourne, Australia. At the time, the coffee was priced at $52/pound. Since then, the variety has had a tremendous success story.
Select your grind size
If you don't have a grinder at home, we'll happily grind your coffee to your specifications. Just select your brewing method above or order whole beans.
Find the right grind. You can get the most out of your coffee by grinding your beans just before brewing. Take a look at the equipment selection if you are interested in a grinder.
You can also select a grind level in each product if you want us to grind the beans for you. We use a Mahlkönig EK43 for this.
Frenchpress and Aeropress are ground on the same setting.
Cultivated with love by great farmers. 100% Arabica coffee, harvested when ripe and carefully processed. Sustainable and fairly traded.
Freshly roasted, packed and shipped safely to you by DHL.
Our standard bags contain 250g and are 100% recyclable. No mixed materials.
Take your tried-and-tested recipe as a starting point for this roast, or get help from our brew guides.
The coffee cherry can develop up to 1,200 different natural flavours. Depending on location and variety.
Learn to understand the flavours in coffee with the Scoring Card. Grade your coffee by filling out your Scoring Card
About the coffee
Orangenblüten, Jasmine, Wilder Honig
Sweetness: 4/5 Melone
Acidity: 4/5 tropisch
Mouthfeel: 4/5 intensiv, dicht
Body: 4/5 fruchtig
Harvesting Year: 2022
Drying Time: 25-30 days
Suggested brew recipe:
1:16,5 (z.B. 15gr Kaffee auf 250gr Wasser) in 2,5 bis 3,5 Minuten
About the coffee
The farm | Finca Santa Juana
Relationship: New Partner
Producer: Andres Palma
Type of Farm: Family-run micro farm
Santa Ana, El Salvador
Altitude: 1.730 masl
Soil type: Loamy
Fertilisation method: Organic
Shadow Type: grown in the shade
Processing location: On the farm
Number of varieties: various
Cup Of Excellence
About the farm
Bloody Good Coffee
– SINCE 2002
Bloody Good Rockstar
For us, all rare and special coffees are rockstars. We’re super proud of our diverse and extensive range of rare coffees. Geishas and other special varieties taste their best when we’re roasting them regularly and gaining experience. We are the only roasters in Germany that roast rockstars every single week, with Geisha and other rare varieties in our regular lineup.
Simply order your favourite coffee online.
There are no mixed materials in our coffee bags, making them easy to recycle.
Choose from several secure payment methods.
Free shipping from €30Easy, safe and fast delivery with DHL. Free of charge from a €30 order value.
Get your favourite coffee in a subscription. Simply delivered to your door, free of charge*.
Directly & Fairly Traded
We attach great importance to our long-term relationships, keeping farmers on equal terms.